Thursday, September 1, 2016

Confessional

It's puzzling that its been quite some time since I've last blogged.  While blogging can be bit of a white whale for me it's also a treat because it is...cathartic.  Unlike Facebook, it's uncluttered and raw.  Also, it's more robust than Twitter, a medium I loathe.  I mean seriously... nothing worth saying should be said or confined within 140 characters and worse, so much weight is giving to these random, half-baked, malformed fucking tweets.  I really feel like humanity should be embarrassed by this.  Ok, whoo-sah.

Anyway, I find that I stick to the anecdotal on Facebook partly because most things on there trend that way but also because I'm kind of a private person.  I think blogging offers people a release valve for all the things you absorb in your day to day life much like a diary would.  I have lots of friends but I don't have them over very much (and they rarely accept when I do offer anyway.).  I have a loving family but I don't inundate them with specific details about my life anymore and this is probably because I don't like to be judged which is something family is notorious for.  I just stick to the high points and hope to create new memories for 'remember when' sessions later.  I know that at some point this bothered my father.  However my mother, who I haven't lived with in almost 30 years but maintain a loving relationship with, could care less and I'm cool with that.  And I have no mate to bounce ideas off of either so private can morph into downright reclusiveness at times.  So, in short, I keep people at arms length.  Maybe by sharing my thoughts, I can bring them in closer.


I should do this more often and I've resolved that I will.  I am a pretty good photographer and I will also put my work here.  It's as much a part of me as my thoughts.  I've seen a lot and I realize that I've already lived half of my life.  Maybe I shouldn't hide who I am from the world anymore.

I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment